Bicycle injury claim
If you have been injured in a cycling accident then LHD’s specialist bicycle accident lawyers can help.
Cyclists are one of the most vulnerable on Australian roads with many cyclists at greater risk of sustaining serious injuries if in a bicycle accident. Cycling accidents can be life changing with the chance that you may never be able to work, support your family or look after yourself.
While many cyclists do the right thing while riding on the road, it can be hard to avoid accidents caused by other cyclists or drivers. If you have sustained any cycling injury while riding your bike then you may be entitled to make a bicycle injury compensation claim. Seeking compensation can help to take away the financial pressure associated with mild injuries right through to permanent life changing injuries.
Why Cyclists Are At Risk On Roads
Cyclists are at risk while riding on the road for a number of reasons. These can include;
- Riding into an open or opening door (also known as dooring)
- Colliding with or swerving to avoid a parked or moving vehicle
- Colliding with another cyclist
- Falling off your bike due to a pothole or a section of damaged/unmaintained road
- Swerving to void a negligent driver or cyclist causing you to fall
It is interesting to note that 22% of on-road accidents occur while cyclists are riding in a marked bicycle lane. This means cyclists are vulnerable no matter where they ride on the roads and caution should always be taken when out riding. Ensure that you always wear a helmet and protective clothing at all times.
Find out more about Australian road death statistics.
If you or a family member has been injured while cycling, the first thing you need to do is seek medical help. A medical professional will be able to diagnose your injuries and advise of treatment needed. Ensure that you tell your doctor how you sustained your injuries and what symptoms you have experienced since the incident occurred.
If you believe you are entitled to compensation then contact LHD Lawyers as soon as possible. A bicycle accident lawyer will be able to assess your situation and see if you have grounds for a claim. If so, your lawyer will be able to help you seek bicycle accident compensation.
Seeking compensation after a bike accident can help to get your life back on track as soon as possible without having to worry about any financial strain. At LHD Lawyers we can help you:
- Seek compensation to help pay for medical expenses such as hospital and rehabilitation
- Seek compensation for loss of earning while you are injured and if you are no longer able to work due to your injuries
- Provide financial support for any ongoing care or treatment that you may need
- Seeking help from LHD Lawyers means you will have access to trusted cycle accident compensation advice. Our team will be able to assess your situation and advise of what entitlements may be applicable to you.
Strict time limits apply to all bicycle accident claims. These time limits vary by state so it is advised to seek legal help as soon as possible. You may also find that the nature and severity of your situation may also affect time limits.
At LHD Lawyers we will be able to assess your situation and advise of any time limits that apply for you. Our specialist team will be able to ensure that no deadlines are missed and that your case is kept on track.
LHD Lawyers are experienced in bike accident compensation. We believe that every Australian should have access to a legal representative when they need one. Along with this, we understand that your financial situation can impact your decision to seek compensation. That is why our claims are strongly backed by our No Win No Fee Policy. This means you do not pay our legal fees unless we win your bike accident compensation claim.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a cycling accident, contact LHD lawyers for confidential appointment.