We can help you in the following areas
View successful recent wins for some of our clients
Three simple steps to get you started
Discuss your claimOur team are trained to assess whether you have a claim and the best next steps for you
Set a plan of actionWe’ll give you the next steps to get you on the path to getting the compensation you deserve
The compensation for a public liability claim is typically paid by the insurer of the party found to be liable for the injury or damage. For example, if a person slips and falls in a supermarket and sustains an injury, they may make a claim for compensation against the supermarket. If the supermarket is found to be negligent and liable for the injury, their public liability insurance will generally cover the compensation payment.
LHD Lawyers is leading law firm that provides legal services for personal injury claims, including public liability claims. The public liability claims process through LHD Lawyers generally involves the following steps:
- Consultation: The first step is to schedule a consultation with LHD Lawyers to discuss the details of the injury and determine whether the claim is likely to be successful. During the consultation, a lawyer will gather information about the injury, including how it occurred, who was involved, and the extent of the damages.
- Investigation: If the claim is deemed to have merit, LHD Lawyers will begin an investigation into the circumstances of the injury. This may involve gathering evidence, such as witness statements, CCTV footage, and medical records.
- Negotiation: Once LHD Lawyers has gathered sufficient evidence to support the claim, they will enter into negotiations with the defendant or their insurer. The goal of the negotiations is to reach a settlement that adequately compensates the claimant for their injuries and losses.
- Litigation: If negotiations fail to result in a satisfactory settlement, LHD Lawyers may proceed with litigation. This involves initiating legal proceedings against the defendant and presenting the case in court.
- Settlement or judgement: Depending on the outcome of the negotiations or litigation, the claim may be settled out of court or a judgement may be handed down by a judge or jury.
Throughout the public liability claims process, LHD Lawyers will provide ongoing support and advice to the claimant, keeping them informed of the progress of the claim and helping to ensure that their legal rights are protected.
Following an accident, it is important that you seek legal advice as soon as possible. Time limits apply to compensation cases; however, your LHD Lawyer will be able to tell you if time limits apply during your initial consultation.
Once our expert public liability lawyers have reviewed your case, they will be able to best advise you how to proceed with your claim.
LHD Lawyers has a long history of helping everyday Australians win the compensation they deserve. We believe that all Australians should be entitled to legal advice and representation regardless of their financial situation.
Our No Win No Fee Policy aims to cement this claim. You only pay our legal fees if we are successful in winning your compensation case. With a 99% success rate, we are confident in our abilities to win your case and see you win the compensation entitlements you deserve.