We’re experts in personal injury law
We’ve helped thousands of Australians to settle their personal injury claims and receive the compensation they deserve. Whether it’s the result of a motor accident, medical negligence, a public liability issue or workers compensation – we’re here to help. We also have a strong track record in running high-profile class actions and supporting individuals in settling complex compensation claims.
We're here to help with your personal injury claim
View successful recent wins for some of our clients
A personal injury claim is a legal claim made by an individual who has suffered general physical and/or psychological damage at the fault of another person, whether it be the driver of another motor vehicle, another individual, or the owner or manager of a public space. Making a personal injury claim is the legal pathway for the person affected to receive compensation due to what happened to them.
Our No Win No Fee policy can apply for compensation-related personal injury claims such as:
In non-compensation related cases, the LHD Lawyers No Win No Fee option does not apply.
There are a number of steps involved in claiming compensation for personal injury.
- Report the injury that’s been sustained or notify about the accident to the relevant authority or organisation. This would be your employer in the case of a workplace accident, or the police in the case of a traffic accident.
- Seek the advice of your doctor and obtain medical certificates.
- Lodge a claim with your employer or insurance company.
- Seek legal advice from a law professional to make sure you’re aware of your rights and entitlements, as well as understanding what the next steps are and how to proceed.
- Wait for your insurer to accept or reject your claim. This can take up to 28 days, and if your claim is rejected, a personal injury lawyer will be able to explore your other options for compensation.
- Potentially go to court to reach a settlement. A legal professional will be able to represent you and maximise the amount of compensation you receive for your claim.
Proving a personal injury claim is no easy feat, and we’d definitely recommend enlisting the services of a professional lawyer like an LHD team member to ensure you can provide everything you need to.
This might include:
- Evidence of the injury, negligence or damage suffered
- Medical reports
- Financial records
- Estimated or exact costs of future medical treatment
- Reports on future loss of income
- Psychological reports
- Police records
- Insurance assessments
Many personal injury claims are settled before legal proceedings even commence, however in some cases, resolutions can take a number of months to be achieved. If the claim is in dispute and needs to go to court, a judge will need to be involved, meaning the case could take many months or even years to reach a conclusion. If you need to go to court, having a personal injury lawyer represent you will simplify the process and improve your chances of receiving compensation.
Hear our client's success stories
Starting the claims process can seem like a big step but without support, we can get you the compensation you deserve. Hear from some of our clients who can tell you just how simple the process is and how life-changing a compensation payout can be.