What are the most common types of surgical errors?
The most common types of surgical errors include:
- Misinformation about whether you were an appropriate candidate for the surgery
- The surgery not being performed with reasonable care or skill
- The medical professional not providing you with adequate and proper post-surgical care
- You (the patient) not being properly informed of potential risks or complications
Health providers owe you a duty of care, and if they breach this duty of care, then they may be liable for harm caused to you and you may be owed compensation for the surgical error that occurred. In the case of surgeon mistakes or wrong site surgery settlements, a ‘provider’ can be a hospital, nurse, doctor, assistant, dentist, lab personnel, a pharmacist or another allied health professional.
LHD Lawyers operates on a No Win No Fee basis, so you’ll only pay our legal fees if you win your case. If your claim is successful, you’ll also be charged for the costs of the investigation and the legal work undertaken during the proceedings. However, disbursements (the payments we make to other people during your case) will need to be paid regardless if you win or lose. If your case isn’t pursued, then you won’t have to pay our fees.
To make a surgical error compensation claim, you’ll need to get in contact with the team at LHD Lawyers so we can assess your case. We have a strong track record in cases of surgical negligence, and will be able to provide you with free advice and help you decide on the right course of action.
Common examples of surgical errors that could potentially be claimed on include:
- • Complications with cardiac surgery
- • Injuries from orthopaedic surgery
- • Damage to blood vessels from keyhole surgery
- • Injuries during abdominal surgery such as gallbladder removal or lap-banding
- • Eye surgery complications (like laser eye surgery)
- • Post-operative infections
- • Complications from cosmetic procedures (such as inadequate post-operative care)
LHD Lawyers have been providing Australians with legal services when it comes to surgical mistakes for over 30 years. Our surgical error lawyers are passionate about ensuring you receive the maximum amount of compensation available to you, so you can get back on your feet financially and physically as soon as possible.
Contact one of our friendly teams in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Port Macquarie, Taree or another regional centre today for a no-obligation chat.