What kinds of errors can I claim dental negligence for?
Examples of errors that can be claimed for may include:
- Surgical errors
- Damage caused to existing healthy teeth
- Loss or ruin of implants or crowns
- Incorrect tooth removal
- Failure to investigate symptoms
- Illnesses and infections caused by incompetence
- Failure to adequately diagnose and treat
- Failure to sufficiently check and monitor condition (often leading to problems like pressure sores, malnutrition or dehydration)
- Incorrect treatment or medication being prescribed
- Incorrect reading of x-rays
To have a successful dental claim, it’s important to speak to a dental malpractice lawyer, as we’ll be able to help you understand your rights and obligations during the process.
To have a successful dental negligence claim, you’ll need to establish two things:
- That there’s been a breach of duty through negligent behaviour
- That the breach of duty has caused loss, injury or damage to you
Your medical practitioner (your dentist) may be liable for the pain and suffering caused to you if they didn’t do their job in a competent or responsible manner in line with their required level of skill. Depending on the circumstances of your claim, you may be able to claim compensation against the dentist or practice that caused your dental issues. Call LHD Lawyers and have a chat to one of our experienced dental malpractice lawyers to discuss your case.
For dental negligence cases, compensation is judged on how much of a negative impact the dental malpractice has had on your life. The amount of compensation you receive could cover:
- Your past and future loss of income
- The pain and suffering caused to you
- Your medical expenses and travel expenses to hospital
- Care costs incurred (for example an at-home nurse)
The LHD Lawyers team are expert dental negligence lawyers, with over 30 years experience helping Australians achieve justice in unfortunate circumstances. Our offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Port Macquarie, Taree and other regional centres make it easy for you to come in and have a chat with us about your situation. Alternatively, you can give us a call for a free, no-obligation chat.
We also operate on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning that if our expert dental malpractice lawyers don’t win your case and your compensation for you – then you won’t pay a cent!
Contact a friendly member of our team today for a free assessment.