Car Accident Claim Process
Experiencing a car accident is a traumatic experience and can take a toll both physically and emotionally. Taking care of the health and well-being of everyone involved is always the first priority, but if you intend to make a claim, there are several other steps you should take in preparation. If possible, you should take photographs and make a note of the following details as soon as possible after the accident:
- The location, date, time, and circumstances of the accident (any detail you remember will help build your case)
- A description of all vehicles, as well as registration numbers
- The names of all people involved in the accident
- The contact details and names of any witnesses
- Details of police reports
- Any medical reports and a record of any treatment you received following the accident (it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible, no matter how minor you think your injuries may be)
Once you’ve received treatment and noted all relevant details, you should contact a specialist car accident lawyer to begin processing your claim. At LHD Lawyers, we offer three simple steps to make it easier for you to make a claim:
- Contact us for an obligation-free initial appointment by filling out our free online claim checker or by calling 1800 455 725 today.
- We’ll assess your case and let you know whether you have a claim.
- If you have a claim, we’ll discuss the next steps and get you on the path to receiving the compensation you deserve.
How much compensation can I get for a car accident?
At LHD Lawyers, our goal is to help you receive the best possible outcome for your claim to help you get back on your feet as soon as possible. The amount of compensation you receive – and what you can claim – will depend on your individual circumstances. With help from a specialist car accident lawyer, you may be able to claim compensation for:
- Your injuries (such as whiplash, brain injuries, back injuries, chronic pain, and psychological trauma)
- Loss of income or earnings
- Medical treatment and care, both now and in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Regardless of your financial situation, we believe every Australian is entitled to legal representation for their compensation claim. That’s why we offer a No Win No Fee policy on all compensation claims we manage.
With LHD Lawyers, representation by our specialist car accident lawyers won’t cost you anything unless we win your compensation claim!
How long your compensation claim takes often depends on your individual circumstances and the details of your claim. Typically, it takes between one to three years to receive your compensation, but it may take longer if:
- Your injuries haven’t stabilised or resolved
- There are difficulties negotiating your claim with the relevant insurance company
- Court dates are delayed (if your claim needs to go to court)
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact us today to let us know what happened. Our experienced car accident lawyers will look over your case and provide you with an estimate of how long it may take for you to receive compensation.
Claiming compensation due to a motor vehicle accident can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, particularly while you’re already experiencing emotional or physical pain. Without adequate legal representation, understanding your rights and entitlements can also be difficult, and you may struggle to pursue suitable compensation.
With a specialist car accident lawyer by your side, you’ll have access to the knowledge and experience required for a successful claim, so you can receive the compensation you deserve.
If you intend to claim compensation due to a motor vehicle accident, it’s important you call a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Time limits for making a claim can vary from as little as 28 days to as much as three years, depending on circumstances like your location and the type of compensation you’re claiming.
When you call or meet with a car accident lawyer, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Details of the accident
- Details of your injuries
- A police event number
- Details of your employment and income
- Evidence of treatment and medical reports
Generally, the sooner you contact an experienced car accident lawyer, the sooner you’ll receive compensation that may be necessary to ease your pain and suffering. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, fill out our contact form today. Our specialist team of car accident lawyers will be able to tell you if time limits apply and if additional information is needed to help build your case and receive the best possible outcome.