Do You Have Grounds for a Comcare Claim?
If you have been hurt or injured at work, the Comcare Workers Compensation Scheme covers Federal government employees and employees of a company that has been granted a self-insurer’s licence.
Below are some examples of licensed companies that are able to operate under the Comcare Scheme:
- Australia Post
- Border Express
- Commonwealth Bank
What can you claim?
If you have been injured or have become ill as a result of your work for the Australian Commonwealth Government, you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation under the Comcare scheme. The Comcare scheme is a national workers’ compensation scheme that provides benefits and support to employees of the Commonwealth Government who have been injured or become ill as a result of their work.
If you are eligible to make a claim under the Comcare scheme, you may be able to claim for the following:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of medical treatment, rehabilitation, and medication related to your work-related injury or illness.
- Income support: If you are unable to work as a result of your work-related injury or illness, you may be entitled to income support payments to help cover your lost income.
- Lump sum payments: Depending on the severity of your injury or illness, you may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to compensate you for the pain and suffering you have experienced.
- Travel expenses: If you need to travel to attend medical appointments or rehabilitation services related to your work-related injury or illness, you may be entitled to claim travel expenses.
- Return to work assistance: If you are unable to return to your previous job as a result of your injury or illness, you may be entitled to assistance with finding a new job or retraining.
The specific benefits and compensation available to you under the Comcare scheme will depend on the nature and extent of your injury or illness, as well as the circumstances of your case. It is recommended that you seek the advice of an experienced Comcare lawyer to assist you with your claim and to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation available to you.
Why use LHD Lawyers as your Comcare lawyer?
If you are considering making a Comcare claim, you may be feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about the process. At LHD Lawyers, we understand that this can be a challenging and stressful time for you, and we are here to provide you with the support and guidance you need.
Our team of experienced Comcare lawyers has a deep understanding of the complexities of the Comcare scheme and the legal process involved in making a claim. We will work with you every step of the way, from providing a free initial consultation to assess the merits of your case, to guiding you through the claims process and fighting for your rights to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation available to you.
We understand that every Comcare claim is unique, and we take the time to listen to your story and understand your individual circumstances. Our lawyers are compassionate and empathetic, and we are committed to providing you with a safe and supportive environment in which to share your experiences.
At LHD Lawyers, we operate on a no-win, no-fee basis, meaning that you do not pay any legal fees unless we win your case. We are dedicated to fighting for your rights and ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Don’t face the Comcare claims process alone. Contact LHD Lawyers today and let us help you to navigate the legal process and obtain the compensation and support you need to move forward with your life.
View successful recent wins for some of our clients
Three simple steps to get you started
Discuss your claimOur team are trained to assess whether you have a claim and the best next steps for you
Set a plan of actionWe’ll give you the next steps to get you on the path to getting the compensation you deserve
To make a Comcare claim through LHD Lawyers you can follow these steps:
- Contact LHD Lawyers: You can contact LHD Lawyers via their website, phone, or email to begin the process of making a Comcare claim. They will assign a lawyer to handle your case and guide you through the process.
- Provide information: You will need to provide your lawyer with information about your injury or illness, including when and where it happened, how it has affected you, and any medical reports or other evidence you have.
- Submit your claim: Your lawyer will help you submit your claim to Comcare, which is the government agency responsible for managing workers’ compensation claims for Commonwealth employees.
- Respond to requests: Comcare may request additional information or evidence to support your claim. Your lawyer will work with you to provide this information in a timely manner.
- Negotiate a settlement: If your claim is successful, your lawyer will negotiate a settlement on your behalf that takes into account your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages related to your injury or illness.
- Receive compensation: Once a settlement has been reached, you will receive compensation for your injury or illness. Your lawyer will ensure that the payment is made in a timely manner and that all legal requirements are met.
Overall, the process of making a Comcare claim can be complex, so it’s important to work with an experienced lawyer who can guide you through the process and help you get the compensation you deserve.
The amount of compensation you may receive for your Comcare claim through LHD Lawyers in Australia will depend on several factors, including the nature and severity of your injury or illness, the impact it has had on your ability to work and perform daily activities, and the medical expenses you have incurred.
Your lawyer will work with you to assess the full extent of your damages and determine an appropriate compensation amount based on these guidelines. This may include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your injury or illness.
It’s important to note that every case is unique, so there is no one-size-fits-all answer to how much compensation you may receive. Your lawyer will work with you to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible for your particular case.
In the event that your Comcare claim is denied, a review application will need to be submitted to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. Time limits are strict when requesting a reconsideration; however, your personal injury lawyer will advise you of all relevant time limits in relation to your case.
Different law firms will charge different rates for their legal services, and the cost of legal representation for a Comcare claim can vary depending on the complexity of your case and the amount of time and resources required to pursue your claim.
However, at LHD Lawyers, we believe that you shouldn’t have to pay unless you win your case. This means that we operate on a no-win, no-fee basis, where you will not be required to pay any legal fees upfront, and you will only be charged if we successfully secure compensation for you.
This approach ensures that you are never out of pocket and that you have access to high-quality legal representation, regardless of your financial situation. It also gives us the incentive to work hard to secure the best possible outcome for your case.
Before we take on your case, we will provide you with a clear and transparent breakdown of our fee structure and what you can expect to pay if we win your case. This will allow you to make an informed decision about whether our legal services are right for you.