Legal Secretary Sydney
About the team
LHD Lawyers are a national leading law firm specializing in personal injury claims and matters that affect every day Australians and we have over 25 years’ experience in this field. We strive to find people that are motivated and passionate about what they do, that love working in a team environment and have great interpersonal skills and initiative. We have a legal secretary role available with one of our brightest Lawyers in a team that is at the top of their game. They work hard, are focused and get fantastic results for their clients. They also celebrate and share in their group’s success enjoying corporate touch footy matches and team lunches.
About the Role
The Legal Secretary will support a Solicitor with predominantly Workers Compensation and Public Liability matters. The Legal Secretary is required to perform routine and non-routine clerical and administrative functions to actively support the supervising solicitor in the day to day operations of the Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Public Liability practice. These tasks and responsibilities may include drafting correspondence, preparing notice of claims, drafting ARD’s, scheduling appointments and conferences, draft pleadings, organising and maintaining paper and electronic files of clients, providing information to callers. The Senior Secretary will also manage the following tasks:
- Management of a busy Workers Compensation and Public Liability practice;
- Monitor all incoming emails – ensure they are filed, saved and delegated
- Update client files with incoming mail and process correspondence accordingly
- Circulate correspondence according to information received and ensure matter related filing is managed across the practice
- Ensure management of allocated tasks are completed efficiently
- Efficient work practices are maintained.
- Monitor and review all files regularly – ensure they are up to date
- Liaise with clients, barristers, courts, doctors for information/scheduling/provision of information
- Book appointments, conferences, mediations, settlement conferences, conclaves
- Prepare files for hearing- briefs, tender bundles, schedules, settlement documents
- Prepare pleadings for district, supreme and federal court- consent order, short minutes, affidavits
- Billing- prepare invoices, trust account authorities
- Drafting of documents such as- Pre-filing Statements, application for mediation, letters of demand, statement of claims, statement of particulars, client statements, instruction letters to doctors, application for assessed disclosure
- Generate precedent letters
- Draft letters to clients/third parties as necessary
- Diary management
- Receive and process requests for information
- Ensure workflows for matters are updated and maintained
- Diarise and monitor time limitations
- Ensure matters are closed and prepared for archiving
- Undertake and document costing procedures
- Invoicing against matters
- WIRO Application Billing
- Process payment requests against client matters
- Perform duties to team budgets
- Complete document costing procedures
- Prepare files for cost assessments
- Track and monitor costs and disbursements of client matters within the team
- Record time against matters in specific units
- Strong administrative background with excellent typing and document drafting skills.
- A pro-active ability to maintain high quality work with exceptional attention to detail.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and organise their workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Motivation and communication confidence
- An ability to apply compassion and empathy with clients.
- Diary management and Outlook
- Strong client-facing and communication skills;
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
What we offer
With new offices in the heart of the CBD, we are a growing and dynamic bunch of down to earth people. We offer comprehensive on the job training and mentoring by industry leaders. We have a supportive and energetic environment that develops and educates staff and often sees junior staff develop into senior roles with envious salaries. We offer;
- On the job training and mentoring;
- A fast-growing and evolving team environment;
- Convenient CBD location;
- An opportunity to work for an industry leader;
- A dynamic team and supportive culture
- A corporate environment with long term career opportunities
WHERE: LHD Lawyers, Sydney Office Level 8, 151 Castlereagh Street, Sydney
Apply for this role
Send your CV and covering letter to James Bodel, CEO with reference HR2505LC