LHD Lawyers are a national leading law firm specializing in personal injury claims and matters that affect every day Australians and we have over 25 years’ experience in this field. We strive to find people that are motivated and passionate about what they do, that love working in a team environment and have great interpersonal skills and initiative. We have a legal secretary role available with one of our brightest Lawyers in a team that is at the top of their game. They work hard, are focused and get fantastic results for their clients. They also celebrate and share in their group’s success enjoying corporate touch footy matches and team lunches.
The Senior Legal Secretary will support an experienced Solicitor with MVA and Public Liability matters. The Senior Legal Secretary is required to perform routine and non-routine clerical and administrative functions to actively support the supervising solicitor in the day to day operations of the MVA and Public Liability practice. These tasks and responsibilities may include drafting correspondence, preparing notice of claims, drafting ARD’s, scheduling appointments and conferences, draft pleadings, organising and maintaining paper and electronic files of clients, providing information to callers. The Senior Secretary will also manage the following tasks:
- Management of a busy MVA and Public Liability practice;
- Monitor all incoming emails – ensure they are filed, saved and delegated
- Update client files with incoming mail and process correspondence accordingly
- Circulate correspondence according to information received and ensure matter related filing is managed across the practice
- Ensure management of allocated tasks are completed efficiently
- Efficient work practices are maintained.
- Monitor and review all files regularly - ensure they are up to date
- Liaise with clients, barristers, courts, doctors for information/scheduling/provision of information
- Book appointments, conferences, mediations, settlement conferences, conclaves
- Prepare files for hearing- briefs, tender bundles, schedules, settlement documents
- Prepare pleadings for district, supreme and federal court- consent order, short minutes, affidavits
- Billing- prepare invoices, trust account authorities
- Drafting of documents such as- Pre-filing Statements, application for mediation, letters of demand, statement of claims, statement of particulars, client statements, instruction letters to doctors, application for assessed disclosure
- Generate precedent letters
- Draft letters to clients/third parties as necessary
- Diary management
- Receive and process requests for information
- Ensure workflows for matters are updated and maintained
- Diarise and monitor time limitations
- Ensure matters are closed and prepared for archiving
- A strong administrative background with excellent typing and document drafting skills.
- A pro-active ability to maintain high quality work with exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Medical Negligence or Common Law claims (as described above)
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and organise their workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Motivation and communication confidence
- An ability to apply compassion and empathy with clients.
- Diary management and Outlook
- Strong client-facing and communication skills;
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter to Sarah Yakimov, Practice Manager with reference HR1708LG to firstname.lastname@example.org