Have you suffered an injury due to negligent or hazardous conditions in a public place?

*This page is written specifically for a Queensland audience. Restrictions in these states prohibit us from showing certain information regarding our legal services, so if you are located outside Queensland, please click here for information on public liability law.

If you have been injured as a result of an injury on someone's property then you may be entitled to claim for the loss you have suffered. You may have have suffered damage as a result of being on a neighbour's property, or at a shopping centre or in a public place.

If so, you are able to claim for any loss suffered where the person who owns the property should have done something to prevent the incident or damage.

You may also be entitled to the following public injury compensation benefits:

  • Weekly payments covering time off work in the past and the future
  • Lump sum compensation if you have suffered permanent injury
  • Medical expenses for your treatment
  • Rehabilitation and assistance around the house.


LHD can help you determine whether you have a public liability compensation claim. Please contact us today to find out more about your legal rights and whether your claim is genuine.