Military Claims Queensland

Have you experienced serious abuse when serving as a member of the military or sexual abuse as a child when living in an institution? In either case, you may be entitled to compensation and/or a reparation payment for your suffering.

*This page is written specifically for a Queensland audience. Restrictions in these states prohibit us from showing certain information regarding our legal services, so if you are located outside Queensland, please click here for information on military compensation law.

Have you experienced serious abuse whilst serving as a member of the military?

If so, you may be entitled to damages and / or a reparation payment.

Damages may be sought by commencing a claim against the Australian Defence Force for pain and suffering, financial losses and medical expenses caused as a result of serious abuse.

A reparation payment may be sought first by lodging a complaint of serious abuse with the Commonwealth Ombudsman. Once lodged, the Ombudsman may then decide to make an award of financial reparation.

What is serious abuse?

Serious abuse means sexual abuse, serious physical abuse or serious bullying or harassment which occurred between two (or more) people who were employed in Defence at the time.

LHD Lawyers | Callout Icon

No win, no fee - it’s our guarantee

LHD Lawyers | Callout Icon

99% Win Rate

Our experienced lawyers are on-hand to ensure your case is successful.

LHD Lawyers | Callout Icon

Maximum Compensation

We’ve been helping Australians receive the maximum amount of compensation for over 25 years.

Am I eligible for a damages payment?
Am I eligible for a reparation payment?
What can I claim for?
How much in damages will I receive?
How much in reparation will I receive?
How long do I have to make a claim?
How much will it cost to submit my claim?
How do I make a claim?
Great lawyers and great advice. Highly recommend this firm.
Brett S
LHD Lawyers | Feature Callout

Check if you’re eligible or get free claim advice now