Medical Negligence Lawyers QLD servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cairns and the surrounding areas
*This page is written specifically for a Queensland audience. Restrictions in these states prohibit us from showing certain information regarding our legal services, so if you are located outside Queensland, please click here for information on medical negligence.
What is Medical Negligence?
Medical negligence, also known as medical malpractice, refers to the situation where a medical professional has caused unintentional harm or injury to a patient while the patient was under their care. This can involve the incorrect prescribing of medication, mistakes during surgery, or neglecting to fulfill their Duty of Care. Medical negligence cases are often hard to prove, especially where illnesses or injuries are difficult to treat or cure, regardless of the level of care provided.
Your lawyer will need to do a large amount of investigation and research into your case and situation. Our expert medical negligence lawyers are dedicated to helping you win the maximum compensation possible, while also helping you to get your life back on track.
What are the most common examples of Medical Negligence?
In many cases, it can be hard for patients to recognise when negligence has played a part in their persistent symptoms. Below are some examples of different types of medical negligence claims.
- Medical misdiagnosis
- Medication and prescription mistakes
- Defective medical products
- Errors incurred during surgery
- General practitioner negligence
- Injuries incurred during childbirth
- Newborn and infant injuries or death
- Anaesthesia error
- Hospital negligence
The team at LHD Lawyers are experienced in handling medical negligence cases. We can explain your case to you clearly and without any jargon in a way you’ll understand, so you’ll know exactly what is going on during the whole process.
What Is The Medical Negligence Claims Process?
- You’ll need to contact us on 1800 455 725 ideally within three years of the act of negligence occurring, to ensure proceedings are commenced in time.
- We’ll make an initial assessment as to whether there’s a possibility for a claim to be made.
- If we believe so, we’ll start to assess liability. This includes us obtaining and reviewing your medical records, obtaining the opinion of medical experts, and conducting reviews of the materials you have provided us.
- Legal proceedings for your claim will then commence, including potential settlement conferences with the other party, a hearing, and then your verdict. From there, a financial compensation amount will be agreed upon.
How To Claim For Medical Negligence
If you believe you may have a medical negligence claim, it’s important to speak to one of the legal professionals at LHD Lawyers as soon as possible. To ensure that the compensation claim is justified and to prove that medical negligence has occurred, we’ll need to prove that:
- The injury was caused by negligent or improper treatment
- Australian standards were not met during the medical practice or doctor’s treatment
How Much Compensation Will I Get For Medical Negligence?
How much compensation you might receive for your medical negligence claim depends entirely on your unique situation. Once you’ve come in for a free initial consultation and we’ve taken a look at the information you’ve provided to us, we’ll be able to give you a compensation estimate.
We believe that every Australian should be entitled to legal representation when times get hard, regardless of their financial situation. This is why we introduced our No Win No Fee policy. You will only pay our fees if we are successful in winning your compensation claim.
How Long Do I Have To Make a Medical Negligence Claim?
The time it takes to receive your entitlements also depends on your situation. Having an LHD lawyer by your side will ensure your entire compensation process goes faster, smoother and leaves you with a piece of mind.
Meet The QLD Team
Our Queensland team understands the distress and anxiety that a potential medical negligence case can cause to you. Our friendly and trustworthy Queensland team of lawyers are experts in medical negligence cases, and are on-hand to answer any questions you may have about your case or the process. Our years of experience mean we can get you the best possible compensation for your Queensland medical negligence case, and you’ll be on the road to recovery much faster. Our Queensland team consists of:
Why Choose LHD Lawyers?
At LHD Lawyers, we have a long history of helping everyday Australians claim the compensation that they deserve.
We have a team of lawyers who have the experience and expertise to achieve a successful result. We are committed to the success of your claim, along with receiving the entitlements you deserve.