Peta was admitted as a solicitor in February 1998. She has a BA LLB (Hons) from the Australian National University. Peta practices in the areas of Employment, Wills and Estates, Commercial and Corporate advice and Litigation and Property Law including Land and Environment disputes.
Peta acts for a range of clients in a number of different industries including Educational Institutions, small to medium business owners in the media, hospitality, Infrastructure and Security Industries and Individuals.
Peta is highly experienced in:
- Family Provision Claims (representing all sides – Executors, beneficiaries and aggrieved eligible individuals), Probate Applications, Administration and Distribution of Estates, asset protection including Discretionary Trusts, Succession planning and the drafting of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship documents.
- Drafting and advising on Employment Contracts and legislative obligations, Termination of Employment including Unfair and Unlawful dismissals, Discrimination, Union dealings, Restraint of Trade and general employment advice.
- Purchase and Sale of Businesses.
- Property disputes including retaining wall, neighbouring access disputes and council disputes.
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation and advice including Administration, Liquidation and Bankruptcy, ATO disputes, contract negotiation and disputes and Debt Recovery including Statutory Demands.
In acting for both large and small businesses; Plaintiffs and Defendants; Employees and Employers, Executors and Beneficiaries/Individuals, Peta is well versed in the concerns of “both sides” providing a unique advantage when conducting and advocating for her clients’ specific legal needs and best possible outcomes.