Car Accident Lawyers Brisbane, Gold Coast & Cairns

If you have been injured in a car, bike or truck accident, you have a right to make a claim for compensation.

Car Accident Lawyers servicing all of Queensland, including the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Cairns

If you have been involved in a car accident in Queensland (whether you were the driver or the passenger, driving for work purposes or otherwise) you may be entitled to make a car accident compensation claim under Queensland law.

LHD Lawyers have expert car accident lawyers in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Cairns that can provide legal advice following an accident or injury. All of our car accident lawyers operate on a No Win No Fee policy, which means you will only pay if we are successful in winning your compensation claim.

What should I do after a car or vehicle accident?

Being the victim of a car accident can be a stressful ordeal and it can be hard to deal with the shock of what’s happened. However it is vital to know the right steps to take after an accident. Here’s what you should do:

  1. Make sure everyone is safe and don’t panic

  2. Gather information from the other driver including name, phone number, car registration details, insurance information (provider, insurance number and policy details) and drivers licence number.

  3. Don’t admit fault

  4. Gather contact information from witnesses (in situations where fault may be disputed, accounts if witnesses could help your claim).

  5. Take pictures of the scene of the accident, of the damage to cars and property

  6. Call and report the accident to the police

  7. Call your insurance provider

  8. Seek legal advice: contact our experienced team of car accident lawyers on 1800 838 481

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) compensation claims

If you’ve been injured while driving and the accident was the total or partial fault of another driver, then Compulsory Third Party (CTP) claims can cover your costs. Even if you’re a passenger in the vehicle that was at-fault during the accident, this type of claim can also cover you.

You’ll need to make a third party insurance claim within one month of consulting a lawyer or nine months after the date of the accident. It is best to contact us as soon as possible after the accident so we can provide you with expert legal advice to ensure you’ll receive the maximum amount of compensation.

To make a third party (CTP) insurance claim, you’ll need to report the incident to the police (LHD Lawyers can help you with this), find out the insurer of the at-fault driver, submit a Notice of Accident Claim Form, and obtain a medical certificate from your doctor in regard to your injuries.

Common injuries in car accidents
What can I claim compensation for after a car accident?
What is the car accident claims process?
How long after a motor or car accident can you claim?
How long will it take to receive compensation?
How much will I have to pay?
Who pays my compensation?
Why Choose LHD Lawyers?
LHD Lawyers | Callout Icon

No win, no fee - it’s our guarantee

LHD Lawyers | Callout Icon

99% Win Rate

Our experienced Queensland lawyers are on-hand to ensure your case is successful.

LHD Lawyers | Callout Icon

Maximum Compensation

We’ve been helping Australians receive the maximum amount of compensation for over 25 years.

A pleasure to deal with throughout my entire compensation claim. Would recommend Heine, Ellie and the team time and time again.
Leonie L
LHD Lawyers | Feature Callout

Check if you’re eligible or get free claim advice now